1. What does this Privacy Statement cover?
This Privacy Statement is applicable when you:
- Visit or make use of the website(s) www.deceuninck.in, owned by DECEUNINCK and/or you hereby provide personal information (e.g. by filling in the contact form, sending an email, making telephone contact, subscribing to our newsletter, etc.)
- Use our products or services in one way or the other
- Interact with DECEUNINCK in some way through certain other sales or marketing channels (e.g. personal meetings or appointments, fairs, social media, etc.)
- Explicitly accept this Privacy Statement.
2. Who processes the personal data?
DECEUNINCK is Controller; it determines the purpose and the means for the processing of your personal data and can be contacted as follows:
- by post via: Deceuninck India Profiles Private Limited, Building 09, Casa Grande Distripark, Satharai Village, Tiruvallur Taluk, Tiruvallur District Tamil Nadu – 631 203 IN
- by telephone on: +91 87545 74063
- by email: email@example.com
- through the website: www.deceuninck.in
DECEUNINCK can call upon data processors. A processor can process your personal data on request or on instruction or on behalf of DECEUNINCK, whereby it is obliged to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data.
3. Which personal data are processed?
DECEUNINCK declares that it only collects and processes data that are relevant or necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. Depending on these purposes, DECEUNINCK processes the following categories of personal data (non-exhaustive):
- your IP-address
- your name and address details
- your email address
- your phone number
- your employer or the company you represent
4. On what legal basis your data are processed?
DECEUNINCK processes your personal data on the following legal grounds:
- because of the implementation of the agreement that you enter into with us or the pre-contractual steps taken by you during your application;
- because of the legitimate interest of DECEUNINCK to assist you with its products or services;
- because of your consent and explicit acceptance of this Privacy Statement.
5. For what purposes personal data are processed?
DECEUNINCK processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with a secure, optimal and personal user experience and service;
- for managing the contractual relationship with you, including quotation, invoicing and providing support or execution of the orders;
- to keep you informed of our adjustments, improvements, offers, promotions, actions, etc.
6. Who receives the personal data?
With the exception of any processors that only act on instructions from DECEUNINCK, DECEUNINCK will process your personal data exclusively for itself and for its own internal use. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties unless you have given explicit permission beforehand.
DECEUNINCK has also taken appropriate legal and technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to and use of your personal data.
Depending on the purpose of the processing, your data can be passed on to our distributors, architects, contractors and independent representatives. DECEUNINCK has also taken the necessary measures with regard to these third parties to prevent unauthorized use of your personal data. Depending on the concrete factors, this third party will also be regarded as responsible for the processing of your personal data.
7. How long personal data are stored?
DECEUNINCK will store your personal data (i) for as long as necessary or relevant for the intended purposes, (ii) for the duration of its legal obligation, or (iii) until such time as a legal dispute or investigation can be conducted with regard to the products and services supplied by DECEUNINCK.
8. What rights do you have?
8.1 Right to information
DECEUNINCK wishes to inform you through this Privacy Statement as fully as possible about the processing of your personal data. Your data will be processed for legitimate purposes in an appropriate, relevant, secure and proportionate way; they will be stored for no longer than necessary and always with the utmost integrity and confidentiality.
8.2 Right of access
You always have the right to check the lawfulness of each processing activity of your personal data and to ask DECEUNINCK to provide you with information regarding the purposes of the processing, the categories of your personal data, the categories of recipients of your personal data, the period for which the data will be stored and the rights you may exercise.
You also have the right to ask DECEUNINCK for a copy of your processed personal data. This copy will in principle be provided free of charges unless your request would be unreasonable or excessive. In such case, DECEUNINCK may charge an administrative cost.
8.3 Right to rectification
You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate data or to have incomplete data completed upon simple request to DECEUNINCK.
8.4 Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to obtain from DECEUNINCK the erasure of your personal data if there is no good reason for DECEUNINCK to continue to do so. You can exercise this right in the following cases:
- your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected;
- you prove that DECEUNINCK has unlawfully processed your data;
- your personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation;
- you withdraw your consent on which the processing of your personal data is based and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing of your data;
- you have successfully exercised your right of objection (see point 8.6)
DECEUNINCK however reserves the right to refuse your request for erasure and cannot be held liable for the fact that deleted personal data is temporarily stored somewhere invisible.
8.5 Right to restriction of data processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of data processing in one of the following circumstances:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data that have been processed by DECEUNINCK and DECEUNINCK has been given a reasonable period to check the accuracy of the personal data;
- you prove that the data processing by DECEUNINCK was unlawful and request a restriction of their use;
- DECEUNINCK no longer needs the data, but they are required by you for the establishment of a legal claim;
- you have exercised your right of objection (see point 8.6)
8.6 Right to object against data processing
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for “direct marketing” purposes. DECEUNINCK will cease the processing of your personal data unless it demonstrates compelling grounds for the processing which override your rights and freedoms. If such is the case, this will also be communicated to you.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the data provided to DECEUNINCK by you based on permission in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to re-use it for other services and thus transfer it to another controller, unless this is technically unfeasible.
8.8 Right to object to automated decision-making
You have the right to object to a decision based solely on automated processing – without human interference – which significantly affects you or produces legal effects. DECEUNINCK declares that you are not subject to such automated decision-making in any of the processing activities carried out by DECEUNINCK.
9. How can you exercise your rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must address a written request and proof of identity to DECEUNINCK through one of the following channels:
- by registered letter to:Deceuninck India Profiles Private Limited, Building 09, Casa Grande Distripark, Satharai Village, Tiruvallur Taluk, Tiruvallur District Tamil Nadu – 631 203 IN
- via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Which cookies do we use?
When you visit the DECEUNINCK website, it is possible that certain cookies are placed on your device during the use of the website. More information about this can be found in our cookie statement.
11. How can you lodge a complaint?
If you have certain complaints about the processing of your personal data, we would be grateful if you could contact us directly through one of the contact channels defined in article 9 in order to allow us to solve this for you.
12. Can this Privacy Statement change?
DECEUNINCK always has the right at any time to refine or amend the present Privacy Statement, in which case the modifications will immediately apply from the publication on its website. You must (re-)review this Privacy Statement at regular intervals to ascertain the adjustments. The continuation of your contractual relationship or use of our website or services will be considered as acceptance of any changes made to the current Privacy Statement.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction
This Privacy Statement shall be governed by the laws and regulations of India.